If you are looking for inspiration to do what needs to be done even when you don’t feel like it, look no further than these 20 self-discipline quotes. Print out your favorites and put them in a place that you can see every day. Use them for inspiration when you are getting lazy or feel like quitting.
You May Also Like: Self-Discipline in 5 Steps
20 Quotes For Self-Discipline
- “The undisciplined are slaves to moods, appetites, and passions.” – S. Covey
- “Discipline is choosing between what you want now, and what you want more.”
- “The road to character is built by confronting your own weaknesses.”
- “Stop wishing. Start doing.”
- “Self-Discipline is mastering your own thoughts. Without that, you can’t control your actions.”
- “Choose your pain: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
- “By constant self-discipline and self-control, you can develop greatness of character.” – G. Kleiser
- “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
- “Never let your emotions overpower your intelligence.”
- “Discipline is the bridge from goals to accomplishments.”
You have to take action. I love the self-discipline quote that says as much. You can’t continue to daydream and wish things were the way you want them to be. Be disciplined and just make it happen.
- “All successes begin with self-discipline. It begins with you.” D. Johnson
- “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day.” – J. Rohn
- “The price of excellence is discipline. The cost of mediocrity is disappointment.” – William Arthur Ward
- “Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself.” – Abraham J. Heschel
- “Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret.”
- “Self-discipline is the magic power that makes success happen.”
- “Discipline is rarely enjoyable, but almost always profitable.” – Darrin Patrick
- “Discipline is your relationship with the time you have left.” – Barbara McNally
- “The successful among us delay gratification. The successful among us bargain with the future.” – Jordan Peterson
- “No man is free who cannot command himself.” -Pythagoras
A major theme that you will notice in these discipline quotes is that it is painful. Self-discipline is not easy but it always pays off.
Which of these self-discipline quotes speak to you the most? Let us know in the comments below.