No one can argue that Michael Jordan is one of the most motivating individuals on the planet. Not only has he inspired millions of kids to play basketball, but he also serves as motivation for people of all kinds. Businesspersons, teachers, athletes, entertainers, and more have found motivation from his words and from his life. I myself have yelled, “Jordan” as I shot a hoop as a kid and even when I nailed a speech in my adult life. Yes, I have some issues. In this article, I’ve put together some Michael Jordan motivational quotes that will inspire you no matter what you are shooting for.
You May Also Like: Dwayne Johnson Quotes
Inspiring Michael Jordan Quotes
Michael Jordan Motivational Quotes for Overcoming Adversity and Failure
- “If you quit once, it becomes a habit. Never quit.”
- “I missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost over 300 games. 26 times I have been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that’s why I succeed.”
- “If no one will help you, do it alone. There is no ‘I’ in team but there is ‘I’ in WIN.”
- “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying again.”
- “Accept a loss as a learning experience and never point fingers at your teammates.”
- “If you run into a wall don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
- “The key to success is failure.”
- “Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation.”
- “Failure is acceptable, but not trying is a whole different ballpark.”
- “The best come from the worst.”
Michael Jordan is no stranger to overcoming adversity and failure. One of his most famous stories comes from his beginnings with basketball. He was cut from his high school basketball team because he wasn’t good enough. He kept going, however. He did not let this little hiccup stop him from becoming the amazing basketball player he became. That is why one of my favorite Michael Jordan motivational quotes is the one in the image below. Never give up. Use failure as a learning experience and keep going.
- “Don’t let you drag them down by rumors. Just go with what you believe in.”
- “If it turns out that my best wasn’t good enough at least I won’t look back and say I was afraid to try.”
- “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot. When you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.”
- “Sometimes you need to get hit in the head to realize you are in a fight.”
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially the negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.”
- “I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me. Failure always made me try harder next time.”
- “Learning is a gift even when pain is your teacher.”
- “You have competition every day because you set such high standards for yourself that you have to go out every day and live up to that.”
- “Winning isn’t always championships.”
20 – “My body could stand the crutches but my mind couldn’t stand the sideline.”
Michael Jordan Motivational Quotes for Perseverance and Pushing Through
- “Some people want it to happen, some people wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
- “I never lost a game, I just ran out of time.”
- “If you start to think about who is going to win … you’ve lost your focus.”
- “I play to win whether during practice or a real game.
- “If you do the work you get rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life.”
- “The game has its ups and downs, but you can never lose focus of your individual goals and you can’t let yourself be beat because of lack of effort.”
- “Sometimes things may not go your way, but the effort should be there every single night.”
- “Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.”
- “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
- “People ask me if I can fly.. I said yeah for a little while.”
We should all look at life like MJ. Yes, he is cocky but we should all live life with confidence. Like the Michael Jordan quote says in the image below, change your perspective on how you live and experience life. He didn’t lose, he just ran out of time. That is a powerful perspective shift that will empower you to persevere and keep pushing.
- “I’ve always believed that if you put in the work, the results will come.”
- “My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.”
- “I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.”
- “Just play, have fun and enjoy the game.”
- “You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.”
- “My father used to say that it is never too late to do anything you wanted to do .. you never know what you can accomplish until you try.”
- “All I knew is that I never wanted to be average.”
- “I want to be perceived as a guy who played his best in all facets, not just scoring. A guy who loved challenges.”
- “Every time I feel tired when I am exercising, I close my eyes to see that picture, to see that list with my name. This usually motivates me to work again.”
40 – “Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.”
Use these Michael Jordan motivational quotes to inspire you. I think his message is clear. Never stop giving up even when you fail. Keep going no matter what.
Which quote resonates with you the most? Let us know in the comments below.