Daily Affirmations 101
Daily affirmations are a great way to see real change in your life. There is a link between what you affirm as true and your subconscious mind. Once your mind can “see it” and “feel it” something remarkable happens. You begin to see real opportunities and doors will open that will enable you to accomplish practically anything. Below you will find some rules and examples of daily affirmations.
Daily Affirmation Rules
- Affirmations begin with “I AM”, “I HAVE”
Affirmations should always begin with I AM, or I Will. They should focus on you and the state you want to be in.
- Affirmations should focus on what you want, not what you don’t want
Wrong: I am not lonely and sad.
Right: I am extremely popular and happy.
- Affirmations are stated as if they are already true
Your subconscious mind doesn’t know if what you tell it is true or not. It only acts on what you give it. This is why negative thinking has such a negative impact on us whether the statement is true or not. “I am fat”. “I am not smart”. Etc. Why not use this knowledge to our advantage. Fill your subconscious mind with positive affirmations.
- Affirmations only work on YOU
Affirmations do not work on others, only you. You cannot affirm someone else is a certain way. Focus on your own behavior and circumstance.
- Affirmations should contain a booster word
Giving affirmations a booster word increases their power. Instead of saying, “I make 10,000.00 a month,” say “I easily make 10,000.00 a month. Doing so invokes a stronger feeling towards your affirmation.
- Affirmations contain detail
Add detail when talking about your affirmations if possible. “ I have a new 4 bedroom, 3 car garage home,”, instead of “I have a new home.”
Daily Affirmation Examples
Personal Growth and Positive Thinking
- Every day in every way, I am getting better and better.
- I am successful in all that I do. Success runs through my veins.
- I am creative, talented and persistent in whatever I do.
Health and Fitness
- I am losing weight every day and will lose 20 pounds with ease.
- I am full of energy and vitality.
- I am extremely grateful for the healing that is taking place in my body.
Money and Finances
- I am debt free and money is always flowing into my life.
- I am a money magnet and attract money naturally.
- I have a life of abundance and great wealth.
- Hang your affirmations in a place that you can see every day
- Spend at least 2 to 3 minutes repeating each affirmation
- Visualize your affirmation while you say it. “See” and “Feel” your affirmation as if it were already true.
- Make it a ritual by saying it at the same time every day
- In the shower
- In your car on the way to work
- On your morning jog or walk
Make daily affirmations a part of your life. Follow these instructions and you’ll be amazed at how things will seem to align for you in the right way.